Saturday, November 22, 2014

New Twitter Handle.

Hello dear readers and followers of my blog! Did you miss me? I know it's been a while since the last time I updated my blog, and I would like everyone to know that I'm all good and well. Buhay pa po ako. Hehe.

I've been quite busy this year, with work mostly. So what's happened to me since my last update? Hmmm, let's see...

First, my primary doctor, Dr. Mark Pasayan, is finishing his fellowship at RITM soon and he said he won't be putting up clinic in Metro Manila. So with heavy heart (*sob*), I transferred to Dr. Manolito Chua. Dr. Chua is one of the most senior consultants at RITM so I know I'm in good hands.

Second, my cocktail was changed back to the original Nevirapine-Lamivudine-Zidovudine combo. Yes, zidovudine. The one the we suspect caused my anemia. How did this happen? Well there was a big issue about ARV supplies early this year, and there was a shortage of Tenofivir. It was so bad that medicine refills were done weekly in RITM, and even daily in Makati Med! Since I'm out of the country most of the time (yes, my work requires me to travel a lot), getting my meds on a weekly basis was not an option. So Dr. Chua put me back on trial with zidovudine, which started on May 10, 2014. And guess what? My hemoglobin was steady, even up to this day after 6 months. So perhaps it wasn't really zidovudine that caused my anemia, huh?

Third, my CD4 count last June 1, 2014 went down again from 329 to 260. Big drop. So I had my viral load taken. The result took almost three months to be released, but thankfully my viral load was still at undetectable levels. Baka stress lang sa work kaya bumaba. Or maybe it's an effect of changing meds? Definitely I look forward to seeing my count move up next January, because if it drops some more, I'd be worried.

Lastly, I changed my twitter name, in case you want to follow me. It's now @ako_si_mister_B. So add me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment