Saturday, October 27, 2012

Going home.

After finishing my blood transfusion on Thursday evening, I had a my blood extracted again on Friday morning for a few tests which include CBC. From 67, my hemoglobin increased to 97. Still way below the normal range, but enough for me to regain some color. I feel stronger as well.

The doctor gave me calcium gluconate intravenously around mid-day to counter the effect of preservatives added to the blood I received. She told me and my parents that they are still studying the lab results and trying to find out the next steps to take. She did mention that a bone marrow biopsy is a possible last resort. So I guess I have to prepare myself mentally and emotionally for that.

The rest of the day was pretty much another waiting game. My parents called for my youngest brother to accompany me so that they can go home.

My youngest brother arrived around 8pm. He got lost. Haha. My parents were already about to leave when the nurse stepped in and told us I'm ready to be discharged in the morning. Yey!

She took away my IV fluid, and after pulling off the needle, I was amazed after I saw how big it was. No wonder they had a hard time looking for a suitable vein the other night!

It's Saturday morning. Today, we need to get hospital clearances signed off. And pay the bills. My brother will take care of that but he's still sleeping.

After spending five evenings at RITM. I'm finally going home. But I won't be gone for long -- I'll be here again next week for another checkup.

No comments:

Post a Comment